Movable tables are used for equipping hydraulic presses. They enable the machine to be loaded and unloaded quickly. The movable table consists of a workpiece holder mounted on a table. For loading, the table is pulled out and pushed back into the machine with the workpiece once mounted.
Requirements for the bearings in movable tables
- A slight plain bearing clearance is required in order to guide the work table precisely and without canting. The slight plain bearing clearance means that a large portion of the stress from the pressing process is transferred to the frame via the plain bearings.
- In order to pull it out and push it in easily, the table must run smoothly in the guide for the long-term.
- The machine must withstand long periods of use with low maintenance requirements.
- To prevent the table from becoming too big, plain bearings with small dimensions are required.
- The costs for production and mounting should be as low as possible.
The bearings on the movable workpiece table of the press have been made with multiple maintenance-free plain bearing strips in the material KS PERMAGLIDE® P11. The strips were screwed into the recess of the table frame. This ensures that the table is guided by the P11 strips at the side, above and below the table.
- No hardened interacting sliding surface required – providing simple design, low-cost production and mounting of the guide
- Low wear
- Practically constant operating bearing clearance
- Low and constant friction value, ensuring that the table slides smoothly
- Insensitive to impact loads
Further advantages of the material KS PERMAGLIDE® P11
- High corrosion resistance thanks to bronze backing, no additional corrosion protection required
- Good chemical resistance, including in environments with aggressive media
- Operating temperature range of –200 °C to +280 °C
- Largely resistant to swelling
- Does not absorb water
- Very low stick-slip tendency