KS PERMAGLIDE® plain bearings: Bearing in movable workpiece table
FunctionMovable tables are used for equipping hydraulic presses. They enable the machine to be loaded and unloaded quickly. The movable table consists of a workpiece holder mounted on a table. For loading, the table is pulled out and pushed back into the machine with the workpiece once mounted.
Requirements for the bearings in movable tables
- A slight plain bearing clearance is required in order to guide the work table precisely and without canting. The slight plain bearing clearance means that a large portion of the stress from the pressing process is transferred to the frame via the plain bearings.
- In order to pull it out and push it in easily, the table must run smoothly in the guide for the long-term.
- The machine must withstand long periods of use with low maintenance requirements.
- To prevent the table from becoming too big, plain bearings with small dimensions are required.
- The costs for production and mounting should be as low as possible.
Press with movable workpiece table
Bearing with KS PERMAGLIDE® P11 plain bearing strips
The bearings on the movable workpiece table of the press have been made with multiple maintenance-free plain bearing strips in the material KS PERMAGLIDE® P11. The strips were screwed into the recess of the table frame. This ensures that the table is guided by the P11 strips at the side, above and below the table.
Bearings of the movable table with KS PERMAGLIDE® plain bearing strips, design PAS … P11
Advantages of the KS PERMAGLIDE® P11 plain bearing strips for use in movable tables
- No hardened interacting sliding surface required – providing simple design, low-cost production and mounting of the guide
- Low wear
- Practically constant operating bearing clearance
- Low and constant friction value, ensuring that the table slides smoothly
- Insensitive to impact loads
Further advantages of the material KS PERMAGLIDE® P11
- High corrosion resistance thanks to bronze backing, no additional corrosion protection required
- Good chemical resistance, including in environments with aggressive media
- Operating temperature range of –200 °C to +280 °C
- Largely resistant to swelling
- Does not absorb water
- Very low stick-slip tendency
Information about the products