Bearings in forklift trucks
Guidance of the fork lateral adjustment
Forklift trucks are used for lifting, transporting and unloading loads on pallets, e.g. in logistics and manufacturing companies.
The lifting mechanism of forklift trucks consists of a lift mast and a fork carriage with 2 fork arms. The forks can be lifted or lowered and adjusted laterally on the lift mast so that the loads can be positioned and held easily. The forks can be moved hydraulically via a carriage plate.
When positioning the pallets, severe shocks and asymmetrical stress act on the forks. Depending on the field of use, forklift trucks are subjected to a wide range of ambient conditions, such as dust, moisture, cold or heat.
2 Carriage plate
Requirements for the bearings in forklift trucks
- insensitive to shocks and vibrations
- insensitive to high edge loading with asymmetrical stress
- insensitive to extreme ambient conditions
- high operational safety
- long service life
- low maintenance requirements
Bearing with KS PERMAGLIDE® P200 plain bearing half-shells
Advantages of the KS PERMAGLIDE® P200 plain bearing half-shells for use in forklift trucks
- high wear resistance
- highly stressable
- smooth running
- constant and low friction value
- insensitive to shocks and impacts
- insensitive to dirt and moisture
- insensitive to high edge loading
- low-maintenance operation with lubrication
- Compliant with Directive 2011/65/EU (RoHS II)