KS PERMAGLIDE® plain bearings: piston pin bed in toggle lever clamps
Sector: Engineering, plant engineering
Toggle lever clamps are used, for example, in machines tools, welding machines or special systems for ixing workpieces. Some high pressures act on the joint of the toggle lever clamp during movement. The toggle lever clamp absorbs the high tension forces directly, meaning that they do not stress the machine bench. Toggle lever clamps are also known as pneumatic clamps.
Bearing with KS PERMAGLIDE® P10 plain bearing bushes
The piston pin bed for the application was manufactured with maintenance-free plain bearing bushes made from KS PERMAGLIDE® P10.
Requirements for the piston pin bed
- reliable function of the clamping unit
- low wear
- long service life
- no impairment due to high pressure
- low operating bearing clearance
- low installation dimensions
Advantages of the KS PERMAGLIDE® P10 plain bearing bushes for use in toggle lever clamps
- maintenance-free material
- pressure resistance
- only minimal wear even after 10,000,000 work cycles
- this results in a long service life and reliable function of the toggle lever clamp
- Advantage compared with plastic plain bearings: KS PERMAGLIDE® P10 plain bearing bushes can withstand high pressure. Plastic plain bearings, on the other hand, would tend towards cold low on the axes, resulting in a larger bearing clearance.
- Advantages compared with bronze bushes: KS PERMAGLIDE® P10 plain bearing bushes require no lubrication with grease or oil and have thinner walls than bronze bushes.
Further advantages of the material KS PERMAGLIDE® P10
- very low stick-slip tendency
- good chemical resistance
- no tendency to fuse with metal
- largely resistant to swelling
- does not absorb water
Information about the products